Monday, November 28, 2005

From my Land

hey!!
wow, im typing in liek its a mail. but guess thats all that i've got time for. Haven't blogged in a long time (pretty usual!), but thesis looks like its finalllly over. dont know whether thats a :) or a :(. But feels like a holiday finally after really really long. time to start thinking about the new-er life and better dimensions. The way i would want to move ahead. Big decisions, and time's not on my side. Lot of things are amzingly charming here, but for some reason the time doesnt seem right. I dont know what, but i know i have yet to prepare myself. And what is scary is i dont knwo what for and where i'd find it. Started driving here too... but its more scary than fun. I think i need someone to go to teh beach with. Or visit the creek. Need a release and a backing.
Anyways, apart from that saw a movie, Lord of War. impressive. Well-made, i must say and especially what took my attention was the scenes that were preceded by stills. The transition from that stationary to a scene may not have been great though (was generally the beginning or end of a scene), but i liked two dimensional getting translated to the third. I'd liek to believe the movie was conceived in those stills, but i know thats adding to much value to it. I wish to see a movie which could work in both screenplay and direction like that. If anyone has seen stuff of teh sort, do let me know! Nicolas Cage was himself, impressive again, but i dont know, it felt like the extremely well-researched background was put across too simply (naiively too maybe). Like black is black and white is white. It was somewhere between being commercial and documentive. I had liked Motorcycle Diaries a lot more for doing the same, but yet always sticking to its core (adventure). Somehow this reminded me fo that movie. In any case, a good english movie, after really reallly long. definitely worth a watch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home